The Yale Symphony Orchestra
1) Welcome to Japan... I mean Portland ORMay 24, 2006
2) Japanese Garden, Portland ORMay 24, 2006
3) Eric Nathan '06 B.A. -- Rob Soto '07 M.M. -- Robert Aldridge '07 M.MMay 24, 2006
4) Be careful Eric! Eric Nathan '06 B.A. and Robert Aldridge '07 M.MMay 24, 2006
5) Brian Robinson... contemplates the meaning of existenceMay 24, 2006
6) Japanese Garden, Portland OR
7) Lunch! Ashley Nyquist (violin), Dan Lewis (cello), Issac Selya (cello), Nick Chong (librarian), Meredith Startz (oboe)
8) Congratulations Yale Symphony Orchestra (40th Anniversary)Surprise Cake - Eugene OR
9) Elizabeth Schurgin and Owen Dalby
10) Owen Dalby '06BA, '07MM and Maestro Toshiyuki Shimada
11) Maestro Toshiyuki Shimada, Jessica Chang and Alexis Fitts '08 B.A.Eugene OR
12) Maestro Toshiyuki Shimada and Emily MooreEugene OR
13) Ashley Jackson (harp) and Toshiyuki ShimadaEugene OR
14) [??] and Glenn Thrope '08 B.S. (horn)
15) Bellingmam WA - House of Daniel Feller MD B.A '74 - Kevin Green (trumpet), Issac Selya (cello), Dan Lewis (cello) and Brian Robinaon (orchestra manager)Bellingmam WA - House of Daniel Feller MD B.A '74
16) Kevin Green, Brian Robinson, Issac Selya's back and Dan Lewis in Bellingmam WA - House of Daniel Feller MD B.A '74Bellingmam WA - House of Dan Feller MD B.A. '74
17) Kevin Levenberg (viola)
18) Robert Aldgride
19) Issac Selya '08 B.A.
20) Darren Lee (trombone)
21) Eric Nathan '06 B.A.
22) Toshi and Zachary Cramer '06 M.M.
23) Toshi and Zachary Cramer '06 M.M.
24) Maestro Toshiyuki Shimada
25) The Poker Game ----- Bellingmam WA - House of Daniel Feller MD B.A '74 ------------------ Liz Schurgin, Alexander Kenigsberg, Ashley Nyquist
28) William Perdue '07 B.A.
29) Kevin Levenberg
30) William Perdue '07 B.A.
31) Kensho Watanabe ’09 B.S. ’10 M.M. (violin)
33) Sign pointing to Vancouver
36) Toshi and Michael Alpert (horn)
37) Maestro Toshiyuki Shimada, Dan Lewis '09 B.A. and Issac Selya
38) FAMOUS TRIFECTA - Robert Kyr, Toshi and Brian
39) Jacqueline Jove and Jessica Chang
40) Chinese Restaurant - Ethan Green (percussion), Dave De Angelis (violin) and Dave Einstein (trombone)
41) practicing the art of the chopstick - Brian Robinson and Page Lafountain (the brilliant YSO tour guide)
42) Chinese Restaurant - Phillip Falk (partial), Liz Schurgin, Timo Andres, Meghan Titzer and Meredith Startz
43) Chinese Restaurant - being Asian - Dave De Angelis and Dave Einstein
45) Public Market - Seattle WA. One of the few authentic farmer's markets in the United States, this hub of delicious scents, delectable eats and delightful personalities attracts nine million visitors a year, including many members of the YSO *as summarized by trip advisor
49) David Einstein (principal trombone)
50) Matthew Dell (tuba), David DeAngelis (violin) and David Einstein (trombone)
51) David DeAngelis
52) Space Needle?
53) Toshi on top.
54) Toshi at Safeco Field (sometimes referred to as Safeco or The Safe) Like most ballparks built from the 1990s onward, Safeco Field is a 'retro-modern' style ballpark that incorporates many of the features of ballparks built in the 1950s and earlier with modern amenities. In contrast with the Kingdome and the other multi-purpose stadiums built primarily during the 1960s and 1970s, Safeco Field features a brick façade, an asymmetrical field dimension, a natural grass field, spectator sightlines more suited for baseball, and is surrounded by city streets, a railroad line, and buildings. On a modern note, the ballpark features a retractable roof, luxury suites, extensive food and beverage selection beyond traditional ballpark fare, and modern clubhouse amenities for players, as well as technology that allows spectators to monitor special game-time features with Nintendo DS receivers, and is fully ADA-accessible AND is ranked #5 of 852 Attractions in Seattle by tripadvisor
55) Toshi spending some time in Ichiro Suzuki's seat at Safeco Field. In 2007 Ichiro signed a five-year contract extension with Seattle. The deal was reported to be worth $90 million, consisting of a $17 million annual salary and $5 million signing bonus
56) some boats
57) Brian Robinson, Managing Director Yale Symphony Orchestra
58) Final Stop on the tour - Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA
59) Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Wednesday, May 31 2006 - Soloist Owen Dalby '06BA, '07MM performing Mendelssohn Violin Concerto
60) Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Wednesday, May 31 2006
61) Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Wednesday, May 31 2006
62) Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Wednesday, May 31 2006
63) Eric Nathan '06BA
64) Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA
65) Robert Aldridge
66) Robert Aldridge
68) Eric Nathan '06BA, Brian Robinson and Toshiyuki Shimada
69) Robert Soto '07 M.M and Maestro Toshiyuki Shimada after final concert!
71) Maestro Toshiyuki Shimada
72) Maestro Toshiyuki Shimada
73) Maestro Toshiyuki Shimada and Abigail Ellman
74) Maestro Toshiyuki Shimada
75) Jessica Chang and Toshiyuki Shimada
More information about text formats